Corporations and companies can get involved with the Festival and get their employees out on the ice celebrating a great Canadian pastime: pond hockey! Your participation in the Corporate Challenge (Inter-industry Tournament) can allow you to:
- Foster Team Building
- Further Employee Engagement
- Facilitate Customer Engagement
- Develop Community Engagement
- Accomplish Social Responsibility goals!
Each team entered funds our award-winning Eric The Red Rowing League for Kids: you have fun… they have fun… and together we make a difference for youth at-risk in Toronto.
While we invite you to enter teams in the Corporate Challenge… don’t stop there! Challenge other industry rivals in friendly on-ice competition.
And to maximize employee participation, we have recreational divisions, men’s, women’s, and co-ed divisions. After all, it’s pond hockey and the name of the game is fun!
There are five dates for the Corporate Challenge: February 10, 11, 12, 14, and 15.
|Accountants||Food & Beverage||Security||Labour Unions|
|Financial Services||Consumer Products||Engineering||Construction Industry|
|Comm. Real Estate||Food Manufacturers||Mining||Other|
Note: Choose a weekday or weekend to participate: the main thing is to get out there and have some fun!
Start A Team
Here are the details of the Toronto Pond Hockey Festival and how to start a team at your company:
Who: Teams of six players play 4-on-4.
What: Toronto Pond Hockey Festival Corporate Challenge – 1-Day Tournament against industry rivals
Where: 525 Commissioner St., shipping channel turning basin
When: February 10-12, 14 or 15
Why: Raise funds for our cops and kids program: Eric The Red Rowing League for Kids
How: Sign up your team of six today: www.torontopondhockey.ca
1. Choose the date for your Industry Challenge OR one of the other dates of the Festival that works for your team. The main corporate challenge dates are listed on the Corporate Challenge of this site.
2. Send an email to your company inviting people to join your company pond hockey team as part of the Corporate Challenge. Click here for the Sample Email.
3. Register at www.torontopondhockey.ca
Corporate Challenge Details
- 3 Games (plus play offs for qualifying teams)
- Tournament Jerseys for each player, food and 2 beverages.
- Corporate Teams are made up of six (6) players in a 4-on-4 format.
- The corporate entry fee is $100 per player and each company is encouraged to try and enter four (4) teams; however, one team is great!
- Since the more teams who enter means more funds raised for the kids, we’re excited to help you engage as many of your employees as possible: there is no limit to the number of teams that your company can enter.
- Entry fees cover the tournament play for your teams plus food and beverages (including two (2) beer ticket per person).
- No special equipment is needed: just skates, gloves and a stick… although many choose to add a helmet and shin pads.
- There are recreational and competitive divisions.
- Men’s, women’s and co-ed teams are welcome.
- If entering multiple teams, you can play on different days.
- All the hockey will take place at Bayside Rowing Club, 525 Commissioners Street (at Carlaw)
- Each game is 30 minutes long and comprised of two 12-minute halves and a 5-minute intermission
- Team members may “hang out” in the event tents (complete with heaters) in between games
- The tournament will start at 9:00 am with the first wave of teams. The 2nd wave of teams will play at 9:30 am. This format allows for teams to play and then have a minimum 30 minutes rest in between each game. All “group” round-robin play should be complete by 12:00 noon.
- Play-off rounds to begin at 1:00 pm with each “Final” to be played at 3:00 pm
- Daily tournament play to be completed by 4:00 pm
- Heated portable washrooms to be on-site
- Free Parking to be in designated parking lots (TBA)