Family Day Kids Shinny: February 16, 2015
Welcome to the 3rd Annual Toronto Pond Hockey Festival: Family Day Shinny
If you’ve got little ones and you want to show them what old-time hockey is, then enter them and yourselves in the Family Day Tournament. There are kids divisions, youth divisions, and family divisions: something for everyone!
Each team entered funds the operations of Bayside Rowing Club and our award-winning Eric The Red Rowing League for Kids: you have fun… they have fun… and together we make a difference for kids in Toronto.
And to maximize the fun for everyone, we have recreational divisions in both boys and girls divisions. After all, it’s pond hockey and the name of the game is fun!
- Novice (2006/07), Atom (2004/05) and Pewee Divisions (2002/03) are available
- Under 14
- Under 18
Each team is guaranteed to play at least three (3) games plus playoffs for those who advance.
There will be recreational and competitive divisions.
- 3 Games (plus play offs for qualifying teams)
- 8 Tournament Jerseys
- All the hockey will take place at Bayside Rowing Club, 525 Commissioners Street (at Carlaw)
- Each game is 30 minutes long and comprised of two 12-minute halves and a 5-minute intermission
- Team members may “hang out” in the event tents (complete with heaters) in between games
- The tournament will start at 9:00 am with the first wave of teams. The 2nd wave of teams will play at 9:30 am. This format allows for teams to play and then have a minimum 30 minute rest in between the games. All “group” round-robin play should be complete by 12:00 noon.
- Play-off rounds to begin at 1:00 pm with each “Final” to be played at 3:00 pm.
- Daily tournament play to be completed by 4:00 pm.
- Heated portable washrooms to be on-site.
- Free Parking to be in designated parking lots (TBA).